J. Clarke

CW wrote:

Same as here. "The city dump" is off limits to anyone that doesn't work
there. We have "transfer stations". Open top semis that you approach from
the top via a platform and throw your stuff into. Not much of a way to
salvage anything. If you do manage to salvage something, you will be
arrested for doing so.

And it speaks volumes for what has become of our society that one can be
arrested for taking trash from the dump.

"Ron Magen" wrote in message
news
Phil,
I keep hearing references to 'cheap at the scrap yard', and 'shopping' at
the city dump.

WHERE !!??

Around here you'd think the stuff was either gold or nuclear waste . . .

the
way it's either locked away or trucked a hundred miles away. If you don't
get it out of your neighbors trash before the Thursday morning pick-up .
.

.
it's GONE !!

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{That's how I got the doors that make up my heavy *big* workbench, and

what
I throw across sawhorses for 'instant' ones !!}

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)