Parish

Default Damn downlighters - can't unscrew bulbs!!!

Xenon wrote:

Subject: Damn downlighters - can't unscrew bulbs!!!
From: Harry Bloomfield
Date: 25/01/2004 18:58 GMT Standard Time

I prosume they are flat faced (or flattish) ones? You can buy a little

sucker,
it creates a vacuum when pressed to the bulb and then you can turn the

handle
on the sucker and hey presto! Don't wet the sucker as this stops the

vacuum and
also makes the sucking bit just spin round on the glass.
You should be able to buy from anywhere you can get the bulbs, Tel

I was going to give a very simialar reply. I use a cylinder head valve
grinding sucker. Works every time.

Blu-Tak. Work a good sized piece of it in your fingers to soften it then
spread it out over the face of the bulb (1-1.5" dia.) leaving a fair
sized lump in the centre that you can grip with your fingers. Never
failed to get a bulb out using it yet.

What ever you use, make sure the bulb is clean first; IME bulbs in the
kitchen get a film of grease on them and those in the bathroom get a
layer of dust.

Xenon