Colin

Default Kitchen Lights help please

The kitchen is roughly 7m by 4m. Reading other posts on this BB it...

My kitchen is 3.3m x 3m and we have 6 50W LV halogens lighting the main
area, plus 2 more in a glazed cupboard. The amount of light they produce
is more than adequate for my purposes.

You have 1 50W bulb per 1.75 m^2. I am proposing roughly the same...

Presumably you don't have a window in this room and you plan to leave
the lights on all day?

There is a single window at one end. The lights currently are left on all
day.

Even if you really do need to have artificial lighting in your kitchen
for 15 hours/day, do you need to have all 15 lamps burning all the time,
or could you divide it into general illumination/tasks?

May be possible. I think the wife/children would object to switching lights
on/off all day long.

Would a dimmer switch save electricity?

Colin