baz

Default Gas meter test point

"David Hearn" wrote in message
I'm trying to work out the current gas pressures in our house prior to
getting a new boiler (to make sure the current pipework is suitable).

snip
Incidentally, where's the best place to buy a manometer from? I've seen

one
online for about £15 + VAT (glass) and cheaper for plastic. Any

preference
as to which to get assuming I'll probably neverUID it again - or at

least,
not for a while.

Thanks

David

David.
You could make your own Manometer.
All you need is some clear plastic tube.
Attach it to a board in the shape of a long "U".
Half fill it with water, add some food colouring if you want, to enable you
to see it better.
1 millibar = 10.2 mm of water.
But as you have a "U" you need to add the bit going down to the bit going
up.
So if you are looking for 20 millibar, the water should rise 51mm on one
side and drop 51mm on the other.
You should have a test point on your gas valve in your boiler.
Use a piece of rubber tube to connect this to one side of your Manometer.
Baz