Doug Miller

In article , Renata wrote:
I fixed your sentence for you.
I mean, really!, when discussing _questionable_ military service,
ole shrub is leaps and bounds ahead of poor ole kerry. and more keeps
coming outta the woodwork (hey! got in a OWWR).

in fact, on a related note to impeachable, isn't not following a
direct order during a time of war, treason (the ole skipped physical
was actually an ole ordered-to-report-to physical)?

OK, first off, the evidence is mounting that the documents purporting to show
that GWB allegedly violated a direct order, are -- forgeries, and clumsy ones
at that.

Second, only conduct occurring _during_ one's term of office is impeachable.
Anything that took place prior to that is not.

Third, disobeying a direct order is insubordination, but in no wise can it be
construed as treason. The Constitution is _quite_ clear on what treason
consists of: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in
levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid
and comfort." [Article 3, Section 3]

Finally... it ill-behooves any Kerry supporter to suggest that GWB may be
guilty of treason, when Kerry's conduct after returning home from Viet Nam
approaches far closer to "adhering to [our] enemies, giving them aid and
comfort" than anything that George Bush ever did.

--
Regards,