Neil Jones

Default Kitchen Lights help please

"Colin" wrote in message
Hi,

Would someone check my calculation please...

I have been considering fitting downlighters in my kitchen.

The kitchen is roughly 7m by 4m. Reading other posts on this BB it

looks as
though I should go for around 15 downlighters + additional under

cupboard
lights for effect...

My calculation is:

15 lights
50W per light
7p/Kw
Lights on 15 hours per day

My kitchen is 3.3m x 3m and we have 6 50W LV halogens lighting the main
area, plus 2 more in a glazed cupboard. The amount of light they produce
is more than adequate for my purposes.

Presumably you don't have a window in this room and you plan to leave
the lights on all day?

Even if you really do need to have artificial lighting in your kitchen
for 15 hours/day, do you need to have all 15 lamps burning all the time,
or could you divide it into general illumination/tasks?

HTH

Neil