Ray Sandusky

Max

If you look at the work we do, you will note that most of it is round. so
if the bevel is alos rounded - concave- the bevel will sit on the wood
better so when the handle is lifted the edge wiil make contact in a more
complete manner than if the edge were made up of 1000 facets

Ray

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message

it seems that the 8" grinders do not produce as
pronounced a concavity as the 6" on the bevels.

Is that pronounced concavity a good thing, Ray? I always understood it
was
undesirable, but perhaps I was misinformed. The books I have seem to
imply
that concavity should be minimized.

Max