billh

I'm with you George. I used to free-hand and frequently had more than one
bevel. I now use a Wolverine for consistency and the grind certainly looks
prettier but IMO the multi-bevels were not the cause of any degraded cutting
performance.
Billh

"George" george@least wrote in message
I think there's much too much emphasis on bevel "facets" which may well
represent less than .001 in surface deviation and yet be visible because
of
a slightly different grind angle. That's well within the compression
distance for even seasoned wood. It's the edge which cuts, and with a
skewed cut, even that's an average.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
.

When grinding, make sure you take a moment to look at the bevel against a
stopped wheel (in Profile), adjust the platform or slider so the entire
bevel is in contact with the stone. That will produce an unfaceted
bevel,
which will make your cuts smooth and the tool a pleasure to use.