Ray Sandusky

Dave

I use a 6" hi speed grinder and actually prefer it over the 8" or other slow
speed grinders. I recently replaced my chinese made grinder with an Ebay
special Ryobi 6" thinline. I have the Wolverine and like the way the bevels
turn out on the 6 - it seems that the 8" grinders do not produce as
pronounced a concavity as the 6" on the bevels. The Wolverine jig is the
way to go - if only for the ability that it gives you in making the grinding
process a simple, predictable and repeatable one. That is the purpose of
any jig - to simplify or make consistent.

When grinding, make sure you take a moment to look at the bevel against a
stopped wheel (in Profile), adjust the platform or slider so the entire
bevel is in contact with the stone. That will produce an unfaceted bevel,
which will make your cuts smooth and the tool a pleasure to use.

Ray