Barry N. Turner

I hope so. At present, I only have one Sorby 3/8" bowl gouge with a side
grind. I have been considering a larger bowl gouge. (As you know, I have a
larger lathe on the way.) I already have a Oneway handle. I have heard
good things about the Oneway Mastercut gouges. If I got a double-end gouge,
I could have a standard grind on one end and a side-grind on the other.
Sort of a twofer. That makes the high price look a lot better. I like the
idea of buying fewer tools, but better quality tools.

Barry

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
. net...
I use both a 5/8 and 1/2 mastercut. They have two ends so last twice as

long at less than
double the price of the one-ended ones. The steel is excellent and I also

use the Oneway
handles. You can get away with less expensive tools, though.

Bill

In article ,

says...
Does anyone here use Oneway's Mastercut gouges? Are they worth the

price
(for instance, $99.95 for a double-ended 5/8", unhandled, at Woodcraft)?

would appreciate an assessment from someone who actually uses them.

Barry