Martin Rost

Hi Tim,
I remember seeing that on the web and am pretty sure it was in Australia,
but I don't recall enough info to do a search to find it. I think you the
general idea on the details also.
Martin

"Wobblybootie" wrote in message
om...
"Jon Endres, PE" t wrote

in message ...
.... like, for example, an Oliver patternmaker's lathe, or similar

'snip'

My memory has slipped a little but I read of a turner who modified his
homemade machine to turn flagpoles for a uni or college in either Aus
or the USA. Something about trees being felled to makeway for a new
building and using native wood ... the plot has been lost in the
mists of time. I do remember he employed two guys just to clear the
shavings (by the skip/dumpster load) photos were supplied but I cannot
remember if it was a website or a magazine that ran the story ... the
more I think about it the more I belive it was in Aus.

Tim GC