Rusty Myers

I agree with Peter. I have a high speed 8" grinder and a Woodcraft 8" slow
speed plus a Tormek. The Tormek never gets used with the turning tools.
Too much prep and maintenance, plus too slow. In fact, I use the high speed
grinder the most because I haven't ever moved my Wolverine setup over to it.
I have a couple of homemade setups on the slow speed that mimic some of the
Wolverine, but are harder to adjust. So they are fixed for certain grinds.
Very fast to sharpen my tools, just turn around from the lathe, flick the
switch, tool on the wheel, switch off, back to turning. No water container
to clean and keep refilled. Tormek is very nice for an extremely sharp
edge, but that's not the most important thing in woodturning.

--
Rusty Myers
Austin, TX

"Peter Teubel" wrote in message
Your best bet would be a slow speed Woodcraft grinder and the Wolverine

jig setup. The grinder comes with the proper stones for
sharpening and the Wolverine jig is the defacto industry standard.

Remember, you'll be sharpening your turning tools several times
per hour (in my case, its every 2 minutes or so). If you want an

all-in-one sharpening system, the Tormek is the way to go, but
you'll find that shrpening your turning tools on it a slow process (but a

superior edge).

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com