Leif Thorvaldson

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
news
Does anyone in the NG believe in predestination as it relates to wood?
Have
you ever considered that some bowl blanks may be predestined to be
firewood
while others may be headed for galleries?

You see, I have this nice Black Walnut bowl blank which I thought was
certain to become a nice walnut bowl and end up in a gallery or at least a
craft shop. Well, its seems I don't know much about predestination, for
it
seems in spite of my best efforts this Black Walnut blank is hurtling
through time and space towards someone's fireplace.

Last week, I posted about problems I was having getting a smooth cut on
the
outside. Tonight, I was hollowing the inside and got a catch. The 2"
foot
ripped right off the bowl and it went sailing across the shop. I glued
the
foot back on and will try yet again to help this bowl reach its
gallery/craft shop. Or, should I just fast-forward a few hours, accept
fate
and toss it back into the firewood pile from which it came?

After all, who am I to tamper with destiny?

Barry

====Barry! I am afraid that you are confusing destiny with karma.
Apparently this Black Walnut was very naughty in its previous life and is
now suffering from those actions. As to its destiny, that is yet to be seen
and can only be speculated upon. Your projection may very well be right,
but its faith could still be altered with the proper application of LDD. No
guaranties here, just a suggestion to put the walnut back on the path of
enlightenment and possible eventual liberation into the Nirvana of a
beautiful bowl. *G*

Leif

P. S. Just finished re-glazing a window behind my lathe for the second time
due to karmic actions resulting from apparent good wood behaving badly. I
think I have resolved the issue by using plexiglass, and will be putting
hardware screen on spacers in front of the window. Knowing that the Law of
Unintended Consequences is continually in action, it will probably result in
the next airborn chunk hitting the hardware cloth screen and bouncing right
back at me! *G*