william kossack

Default replacing velcro on sandingin pads

Over time the velcro part of my sanding pads has become worn and the
sanding disks nolonger stick effectively.

What do others do? Replace the pads? This seems a waste but finding
replacement velcro can be interesting. I would like to find the hook
part without sticky backing on it. Places I've looked don't stock
velcro as wide as 3 inches and often not as wide as 2 inches.

Packard sells pre cut replacement velcro at several dollars a piece for
2 inch.

Has anyone found a cheeper source or solution?