Norvin

Creamy Goodness wrote:

I'm going to be turning some kitchen utensils for Christmas presents and was
wondering what makes good and durable wood for this. I've thought of pecan
or walnut but was also wanting a few other types.

thanks in advance.

I have made some tables/chairs for the grandkids out of hard maple with
the top out of birds-eye maple. I used a lot of the scraps to make
spoons and spatulas and they are several years old and holding up fine.
When they are used and get a little moisture on them the birds-eye and
the fiddle back comes out and is kinda neat.