Jonny R

Your motion detector sounds like mine (flashing red sensor light, 1,
5, 20 minutes, etc.)

If it is, then the motion detector uses a photocell light sensor to
detect whether it is dark outside or not. If it is dark then upon
detecting motion it turns on the light. If it isn't dark then upon
detecting motion it only flashes the red LED.

If it is dark, then the motion sensor should turn on the lights when
it detects motion. If it doesn't do this, then perhaps there is an
issue somewhere that is making your photocell light sensor think that
it is always daytime outside? I know that on TEST mode, the lights
will turn on after detecting motion whether it is dark outside or not
(i.e. it ignores the photocell light sensor).

sperrin wrote in message ...
Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems with the lights above my garage which are on a
motion detector. I guess to start, it is a brand new house (about 5
months old), and these motion detector lights have been working without
any problems up until now (and I had not changed anything prior to
having these problems).

I noticed they were not coming on, but the red "sensor" light was still
flashing.

Upon checking closer, if I switch to "test" I can have continuous
lighting. But when I switch to any delay in time (1, 5 or 20 minutes)
when the lights shut off I can't get them back on. (checking this in the
dark, using flashlight to play with light settings).

What should I check now? I've never had a motion sensor before, but I'm
sure it's gotta be pretty simple to fix?

Any suggestions / ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

sperrin