Bert Hyman

In Sporkman
wrote:

Bert Hyman wrote:

Im curious..... why isn't it a requirement that all new
homes have built in storm shutters?

Seems the sensible thing to do. No?

Just because something is a good idea shouldn't be enough reason to
make it a legal requirement.

Considering that owners homes in a declared disaster area can become
eligible for Federal assistance (meaning you up there in St. Paul,
Minnesota can end up helping to pay for it), and considering that
insurance rates across the board can be affected by disasters in
specific areas (meaning you up there in St. Paul, Minnesota can end up
helping to pay for it), I'd have to say your argument is a bit
short-sighted.

Ignoring for a moment the bit about the Fed's involvement which is worthy
of a thread of its own, I'm not so short sighted as to be willing to
impose more government regulations on strangers just so I might save a few
bucks.

What's -your freedom worth?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN