Sandra Loosemore

writes:

So do you normally turn the electric mattress pad OFF
once you get into bed?

If I leave it on all night, I usually do wake up feeling overheated at
some point, so I usually try to turn it off at some point when I'm
feeling comfortably warm but before I put my bedtime book away and go
to sleep.

Also any advice on best electric mattress pad to buy?

I don't know that there's much choice in manufacturers -- it took me a
lot of shopping before I found one in a store. It's made by Westpoint
Stevens. Has adjustable temperature controls and an automatic shut-off
after 10 hours, I think.

-Sandra