Arnie Goetchius

Will Niccolls wrote:

"Arnie Goetchius" wrote in message

Will Niccolls wrote:

That'd be unheard of in Northern VA for a small residential driveway.

The

pavers alone cost $2-3/foot+delivery. Now you've got excavation,
geotextile, base material, sand, edging, hauling and disposal of spoil,
finish grading.

Northern Virginia price? At least $3K if you want it done right.

For 110 sq. ft that works out to about $30 per sq ft. Is it really that
much for 110 sq . ft?

That's a tiny job, barely one pallet of pavers. Of course the $ / sf is
high. You want 2500sf? Maybe you'll get down to $12/foot.

Call around and get some quotes. For me to do this job, if you want it
built to ICPI specs and a 2 year install gaurantee, and you want the site
left clean and graded, and you want to be able to choose your paver, and you
want the existing drive demo'ed and disposed, 3K is the least I'd do it for.

$/SF is not a smart way to think on a job like this. Our price for delivery
of 1 pallet of material for this job is the same as for 14 pallets. Other
unit costs also go down as size increases. I have to buy 2 pallets at
approx. 115 sf each because there is some waste. Now I've got 90 square
feet of leftover pavers to transport and store and hope that someone in the
future might want the same color and pattern of driveway. Ugh. If
something goes wrong and it takes me even one extra man day, my profit is
gone and most of my overhead also.

Will Niccolls
(ICPI certified paver installer)

Thanks for the explanation.