Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Default User wrote:
I had a fairly standard tree-trimming job, removing dead limbs from a
large silver maple and cleaning up some debris. So I get a couple of
bids from local companies on doing the work, such things are usually
within a fairly small range of each other.

One gives me a bid for $450 (about what I'd expect).

The other, bids $2500. What! Five times the other?

I read the bid sheet, they had the correct job described, the right
tree indicated, the correct address, all that. Needless to say, they
didn't get work. I thought about calling and seeing what on earth they
based that on, but in the end didn't bother.

Brian

Probably the $2500 guy was booked up for 5 or 6 months and just wanted
to see if you would bite.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland