Phisherman

On 13 Sep 2004 01:38:19 -0700, (ississauga)
wrote:

What are the pros and cons of each? We will be using pneumatic
equpment. Which make/model of nailer/stapler do you recommend?

I am working with an experienced hardwood floor layer and will be
working on many new and old homes, he has only worked with a pneumatic
stapler.

I like the floating floors. They are glued to each other with tongue
and groove joint. The perimeter has a 1/2" gap (hidden with a
shoe-base molding) to allow for seasonal changes. A foam
underlayment gives the floor cushion and sound-deadening properties.

Anyway, between the two I'd use a finishing nailer. From your post,
not knowing the kind of wood, nor thickness, I can not make a size
recommendation, although a Porter Cable BN200A should do the job well.
If you have more money ($200), the Senco FinishPro 25 or Senco SLP 20
are high quality tools. A stapler is more apt to split the wood and
leave a visible crown on the surface. Avoid the temptation to buy
cheap nails, whatever tool you decide.