krazzyj

Default Mosfet noise - Clicking and Screetching

I have a custom power supply that has an input rating of 120vac and an=20
ouput rating of 24vdc @ 6amps (apx 140watts working). The main switching=20
MOSFET is making an audible noise... clicking when first turned on and=20
then it screetches and voltage drops to 0 then clicking and slowly back=20
up to 24=B1 vdc then screetching and back down to 0. What could be causing=
=20
this? - could this be a bad rectifier in the AC/DC wave form conversion=20
or do you think it could be a bad capacitor that is leaving the circuit=20
out of ballance... I have tested everything and it seems to check out.=20
All resistors are within spec. MOSFET has been replaced (no change). The=20
capacitors under 100uf test out ok (I have no way to test the 2 caps=20
that are 200v 330uf).

Thanks,
kj