Too_Many_Tools

I too have found that Sears can be a REAL PAIN on backing their
warranties.

I suggest you remind the folks at Sears of the phase "Satisfaction
Guaranteed or Your Money Back".

Then remind them that you can and will find the time to go to small
claims court if the foot dragging continues.

If turns out like my situation, you will get your money back faster
than you think possible.

Let us know how it turns out.

TMT

Larry Jaques wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:47:27 -0400, "Garrett Fulton"
calmly ranted:

"AL" wrote in message
newsFQ1d.437687$%_6.102829@attbi_s01...
Heh heh. I completely agree.

Nor have I, but the answer hasn't changed: ABC

Anything But Crapsman.

On the aircraft at work, I've got all MAC or Snap-On. Their box end
wrenches have the thin walls that you have to have in tight places. At
home, (or hobby stuff, I guess it could also be called), got a lot of
Craftsman wreches that come up on sale. In my opinion, they're fine for
this application. What's the problem?

I started my professional career as an auto mechanic in 1974.
By late in the decade, Craftsman had started turning into
Crapsman. In the early 80's, nearly every tool I bought from
Crapsman was faulty and I ended up at the Searz tool counter
DAILY, with bandaged hands, with one broken tool or another.
I then started buying MAC, Snap-On, Cornwall, and even HF tools.
Cheap Chiwanese junk was better than Crapsman at the time. I
literally lost a pound of flesh to those damned tools. Add a
gallon of blood to the ticket and it was a costly mistake for
me to have continued using the damned things as long as I did.
Oh, I didn't mention that the counter people gave me crap about
some of the tools, too. I had to escalate to Tool or Store
managers about 1/4 of the time. Several of them tried to give me
non-Crapsman tools in trade, so when they broke (as they always
did) I wouldn't be able to ask for a replacement. Feh!

Anyway, I vowed "Never Again!".

But...
Just 2 weeks ago my old 1/4" spinner handle split in half. It
was in an early Craftsman 1/4" drive set. I grudgingly went to
the local Searz counter and asked for a replacement. "OK, but we
don't stock them. We'll call it in and they will mail the
replacement to you." I agreed and left.

The next week brought a package to my door. When I opened it, I
found a nice little Crapsman 1/4" drive ratchet, not a 1/4" drive
screwdriver handle with a 1/4" female socket in the end, the main
feature which made it an indispensable tool to me.

I called down to the local Searz store and told the girl the problem.
She asked me to bring it in, so I did. Well, Searz doesn't make this
particular handle any more. I asked for a refund of the ratchet's
cost so I could purchase what I needed at competitor's store since
several other companies still make them. They wouldn't go for that.
So now I'm awaiting a response from Searz Corporate.

Is it any -wonder- I don't like Searz or Crapsman tools any more?

----
- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -
http://diversify.com Web Applications