Terry Collins

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:06:42 +1000, Terry Collins
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

...snip....

Right along with CBS/Dan Rathers reputation. One neither will ever
outlive.

This is the typrewriter stuff right?
Nope, just another self-claimed expert who knows **** all.

Which one?

The one who said that it could not have possibly been done by a
typewriter.

The 2-3 experts CBS hired to vet the memos and all said
they couldnt verify the memo, just the signiture, but CBS went ahead
and said that the memos were verified? Seems they are recognized
experts in the field. So they should know "**** all"

Nope, didn't know about these.
How is your understanding of scientific testing?
I don't really see how anyone could verify the memo, except the guy who
wrote it!

Or maybe someone who has access to "the relevant file, who could say,
yep, it came out of there.

Wondering "file numbering", "paper composition tests", "yellowing", etc.

All they could say is stuff like;
"it carries the correct file numbers"
"the paper composition matches x% with paper of similar age in other
government files/etc"
"the discolouration is similar to similar aged paper"

The bottom line is, I don't really care either. Its your president.

I also know I've declined to give my opinion as an expert on somethings
because the renumeration isn't worth the fuss I know I would have had to
deal with.

To quote another thread "what is going to happen when all the old farts
die?"
Well, we already know don't we.

No, what?

We'll watch all the smart young tings reinvent the wheel all over again.