Set Square

Default Shed Electrics

Andy Wade wrote:

A standby genny on your own
premises can always be operated as a TN system - why would you want
use TT for that? You do have to provide your own independent
earthing of course - and the parallel earth electrode approach
referred to above would kill two birds with one stone.

Would you care to explain that a bit more?

I am considering a small genny to power my central heating plus a couple of
freezers and some lighting in the event of a power cut. All devices fed by
the genny would be unplugged from their usual mains sockets and plugged into
the genny instead - and would thus be totally isolated from the house
supply. [I have wired my CH through a 13A plug rather than a FCU to
facilitate this.] What do I need to do about earthing these appliances when
they are being powered by the genny?
--
Cheers,
Set Square