Garrett Fulton

"Pete Bergstrom" wrote in message
"Garrett Fulton" wrote in message
"AL" wrote
Don't get me wrong. I love this country but consider US made quality

be a sad joke.

I work on Boeing and airbus every day. 36 yrs. now. An airbus is a

cheap
imitation of an aircraft compared to a Boeing, in my opinion. We still

make
some good stuff in this country.

Gee, I really like the way the airbuses flop and wiggle through the air.
It's kind of fun to look back and watch the aisle wave left to right about

6
inches.

Not.

Pete

It was so bad on the 747-400's that Boeing installed the MSAS system. Modal
Stability Augmentation System. There is a little aerodynamic vane on the
nose below the radome and on the centerline of the aircraft. It and some
rate gyros sense when the fuselage is about to flex excessively in the
longitudinal axis. MSAS sends a signal to the rudder servo to kick to tail
back over just a tad and counteract the flexing. Works good and lasts a
long time. You never know it's working. God, I love Boeings. They're so
clever, those people.

Garrett Fulton