AL

Don't get me wrong. I love this country but consider US made quality to be
a sad joke.

"AL" wrote in message news:Qy92d.52711$MQ5.35437@attbi_s52...
My guess is whoever made it, made it out of 100% Japanese steel, using

100%
Japanese machines. Nowadays, they source parts from all over the world,

and
it shows in their quality.

"George" wrote in message

I bought an Okuma LB-15 about 15 years ago. The tools were held into
the turret with two screws that simply clamped down on the toolholder.
They clamped down backwards, meaning that the head bore on the
toolholder. If memory serves, the head was 1/2" across. The Okuma came
with an open end wrench for those screws. It had to be an open end
wrench because you couldn't get to the head any other way.

The wrench was black and it just had Okuma forged into the shank.

Now there is something about that tool clamping arrangement that
causes those screws to become ungodly tight during use. After a couple
of years the wrench had sprung open to the point where I had to
replace it. I went into the Snap-On van and told the guy that I needed
the bestest 1/2" open end wrench he had. Which he sold me for typical
$nap-on pricing.

The Snap-On wrench sprung open almost immediately. It was nowhere
close to the ugly black Okuma wrench in performance. I've often
wondered where Okuma got those tools.

Anybody know?