B.B.

In article
,
"Jeffrey McCann" wrote:

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
In article
,
"Jeffrey McCann" wrote:

[...]

I still remember when Bush got caught mocking the reportedly quite

sincere
Christian conversion of a Texas woman on death row, just before he had

her
killed. "`Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation,
`don't kill me,' " It certainly makes me wonder what is really in his
heart, and not just on his sleeve, when it comes to his claimed

"Christian
values."

Jeff

I got to meet Bush when he was governor. He came across as a prick.
OTOH, most of the evangelicals I've met--even though they're a little
high-strung--have been extremely kind.

Has your opinion changed over time? It's funny, but although I really don't
respect Bush, I always kinda thought I might like him personally. At least,
I've always heard that he was quite likeable in person.

Jeff

I've not had another chance to meet him. However, his behavior in
public today appears the exact same as it did back then, so I'll assume
he's still the same in private as he was back then. Given the way he
has his public appearances screened so tightly I'd say I'm right. If he
had to deal with a real argument he'd probably come off as a prick again.
Back in high school, getting ready to head off to college I was in
Austin and I decided to poke around the capital. One of the state reps
was my elementary school principal and I wanted to see if I could find
him. I couldn't, but I did happen to be in the hall with Bush and a few
other random folks. I don't remember what the conversation was that
went on, I only remember coming away thinking "What an asshole."

B.B. --I am not a goat! thegoat4 at airmail.net