PrecisionMachinisT

"wallster" wrote in message
Thought this was a nice little story. My brother has a lawn tractor that
has been eluding us. Seems sporatically she just dies, with no warning,

hot,
cold, whenever.
Checked spark, ignition, carb, kill switches, you name it we checked it

out.
After a
couple weeks of this we were throwing in the towel and (gasp) considering
taking it in to have it repaired. My brother is not a real mechanical guy,
in fact, he's not even close. I have torn apart just about everything I've
ran across and repaired it, restored it or just plain took it apart and

put
it back together.
So yesterday, he calls me and says, "i'm a genius... i fixed the tractor"
completely shocked, i asked how. It seems the GAS CAP VENT HOLE was dirty
and creating a vacuum. So simple, but overlooked.
So the next time you're stumped, go back and check the little things... ya
never know!

My son put 5 bucks worth of gas into almost empty Honda Civic a coupla a
month ago, brought it home and shut it off.

After that it wouldnt start.

Check this check that in my spare time for over a week but couldnt figger it
out--hell it wouldnt hardly even fire on starting fluid.....the plugs were
wet but looked greasy kinda......and the gas just didnt smell right to me.

Finally I pumped the tank, put in fresh gas and primed the fuel
rail.......and then it started right up no problem......

I poured some of this "gas" on the gravel drive and put a match to it and
although it lit, it only burned a few seconds and then left very noticable
greasy spot in the gravel.

Im still kinda ****ed he couldnt remember exactly where he had bought that
gas, If I knew I would be returning it for *them* to dispose of.

--

SVL