Larry Jaques

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:47:27 -0400, "Garrett Fulton"
calmly ranted:

"AL" wrote in message
newsFQ1d.437687$%_6.102829@attbi_s01...
Heh heh. I completely agree.

Nor have I, but the answer hasn't changed: ABC

Anything But Crapsman.

On the aircraft at work, I've got all MAC or Snap-On. Their box end
wrenches have the thin walls that you have to have in tight places. At
home, (or hobby stuff, I guess it could also be called), got a lot of
Craftsman wreches that come up on sale. In my opinion, they're fine for
this application. What's the problem?

I started my professional career as an auto mechanic in 1974.
By late in the decade, Craftsman had started turning into
Crapsman. In the early 80's, nearly every tool I bought from
Crapsman was faulty and I ended up at the Searz tool counter
DAILY, with bandaged hands, with one broken tool or another.
I then started buying MAC, Snap-On, Cornwall, and even HF tools.
Cheap Chiwanese junk was better than Crapsman at the time. I
literally lost a pound of flesh to those damned tools. Add a
gallon of blood to the ticket and it was a costly mistake for
me to have continued using the damned things as long as I did.
Oh, I didn't mention that the counter people gave me crap about
some of the tools, too. I had to escalate to Tool or Store
managers about 1/4 of the time. Several of them tried to give me
non-Crapsman tools in trade, so when they broke (as they always
did) I wouldn't be able to ask for a replacement. Feh!

Anyway, I vowed "Never Again!".

But...
Just 2 weeks ago my old 1/4" spinner handle split in half. It
was in an early Craftsman 1/4" drive set. I grudgingly went to
the local Searz counter and asked for a replacement. "OK, but we
don't stock them. We'll call it in and they will mail the
replacement to you." I agreed and left.

The next week brought a package to my door. When I opened it, I
found a nice little Crapsman 1/4" drive ratchet, not a 1/4" drive
screwdriver handle with a 1/4" female socket in the end, the main
feature which made it an indispensable tool to me.

I called down to the local Searz store and told the girl the problem.
She asked me to bring it in, so I did. Well, Searz doesn't make this
particular handle any more. I asked for a refund of the ratchet's
cost so I could purchase what I needed at competitor's store since
several other companies still make them. They wouldn't go for that.
So now I'm awaiting a response from Searz Corporate.

Is it any -wonder- I don't like Searz or Crapsman tools any more?

----
- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -
http://diversify.com Web Applications