Dean

"Tom Ivar Helbekkmo" wrote in message
"wallster" writes:

So the next time you're stumped, go back and check the little
things... ya never know!

A friend of my father's had a car that would die whenever you took it
up to high rpms. After a couple of useless but expensive trips to the
garage, he asked us to take a look.

Turned out the fuel filter was clogged. :-)

My first car was a Holden ( Aussie division of GM ) model ' EK '. Its a
collectors item now, but I sold it gladly for $100 twenty years ago !
Anyway, like the above mentioned car it would die whenever a bit of grunt
was required from the motor. After spending all day checking the obvious
things atom by atom, it turned out that a blob of solder used to stick the
fuel pipe connector to the gas tank had come loose ( someone had been over
enthusiasic when soldering ) and was partially choking the fuel flow. It was
about the last thing I would have guessed !

Dean.