Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:10:21 GMT, the renowned Rick Cook
wrote:

Do any of you Arizona types know where I can get very small quantities
of tool
steel in the Phoenix area.

I'm making small carving tools, knives, etc. by hand so I can use pieces
that would normally be scrap and cutoffs. However I'm willing to pay a
reasonable amount for the material. Ideally I'd like to get some key
stock because it takes less work to form.

The type of tool steel doesn't particularly matter as long as it's
something I can heat treat at home.

--RC

KBC Tools sells this stuff in flat or round.

http://www.kbctools.com/usa/main.cfm

Toolroom Accessories-Flat Stock
or
Toolroom Accessories-Drill Rod