DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Jacek Zagaja jzagaja-at-poczta.onet.pl wrote:
Don,

Your last post was not sent to my news server - I've found it using
google archives.

Two possibilities:

1) It had not yet gotten there (propagation speed is rather
unpredicatable in newsfeeds, as is the path), and my article may
show up later.

2) Your news server has a fairly short expiration time on this
newsgroup, and you just didn't get to it soon enough. :-)

I wasn't talking about changing gears within the headstock, but
there usually is a cover which can be removed or opened on the
left-hand end of the headstock to give access only to the gears used
for threading.

Because of final exams at University I would check the gearing at the
end of September.

O.K. So we can wait until you have a chance to look at this.
(Not that it matters, unless you need to cut the finer metric threads
for the optical parts.)

So Bison is actually the name in Poland. I find that interesting.
Does "Bison" have a special meaning in Poland?

Bison means the same in my language but is written slightly different
- Bizon. There's special breed of Bison called Zubr (Z has dot over
self and has really hard pronunciation for you). Zubr is quite rare
now and actually inhabit in Polish forests on the NorthEast. There's a
vodka called Zubrowka (mostly known abroad)

O.K. So that explains why the factory has that name --
presumably spelled your way there.

As for the vodka -- I wouldn't know of it, because I tend to
avoid strong drinks. An interesting beer, ale or Porter from time to
time is a different matter -- but not too often for those, even.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564