GTO69RA4

I can't agree more, other than adding Atlas to your list.

Quite right. They get blasted by the HLV and 10EE guys in some places, but
they're great little lathes and are easy to regrind. The best "feature" of the
Atlas is how many tons of them were sold. Find some old crabby hobby machinist
and he probably has a trunk of parts for his. That's how I got stuff for mine.

If you are looking at an Atlas, just try for a roller bearing headstock. Babbit
looks good out of the box but at 50 years you're pushing it.

snip
Good luck with your lathe purchase, and most of all have fun with it
no matter what your final decision to buy is.

Harry

GTO(John)