Daven Thrice

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article 9Ik1d.263527$sh.202086@fed1read06, Daven Thrice says...

OK, I'm working with 1" extrusions, that are 90 deg. angles. I want to
mark
a hole that is 1/4" in from one edge.

Use a scratch gage. Like I said, employ your dial calipers, or
if you want you can go to the hardware store and purchase a special
built one.

Ohhhh.... I get it. Open the calipers to 1/4", lock them in place, and drag
across the length of the piece. Don't need a straight edge for that. Then,
use the calipers like a compass to mark off one inch increments.

I've always built a lot of electronic stuff, but never really made things
out of wood or metal. Now, I've got a need to for some sheet metal stuff &
decided to take it on myself. For a little more than what I'd pay, probably,
to have somebody do this stuff for me, I've been able to pick up some tools
and stuff. So there's a bit of a learning curve. I don't know whether this
n.g. regularly gets questions as simple/dumb as mine, but I'm glad I found
this place.