Harold Kroeker

It all depends on the degree of accuracy that you require. I have
found that the holes in pegboard (Masonite with holes in it) are
suprisingly accurate and can be used as a template provided the
spacing works for you. I think that 1" spacing is standard but be sure
to check.

Harold
Winnipeg, Canada

"Daven Thrice" wrote in message news:mu81d.259560$sh.198210@fed1read06...
I have a piece of 1", 1/8" aluminum angle iron that is 18" long and 1/8"
thick. I want to drill sixteen holes in it, in a straight line, each hole 1"
away from the other. I also have a flat piece of aluminum that is 2" x 18" x
1/8" thick. I want to drill two rows of 16 holes in that one. All holes are
1/4" in diameter.

I've scrapped enough metal to set my ego aside and admit that I need help
with the very basics of basics. How do I make the measurements, mark them,
and then drill the holes?

Thanks!