John Stumbles

Default Near death boiler + replacing a boiler

David Hearn wrote:

In our case the wall is rendered (with a Tyrolean finish?) and is quite old.
I would prefer to have as little rendering to do, matching paint is another
problem - and no plans on re-painting the house!

Is Tyrolean the one where they spatter render with gravel? I recently
had to make good that sort of finish (in this case, unpainted) after
chopping out a couple of bricks for a waste pipe. After blocking up the
hole with brick fragments and mortar I simply stuffed handfulls of
gravel (from the gravel drive) onto the wet mortar finish: job done! In
your case you'd want to get some reasonably matching paint on top of it:
I don't know what colour the existing finish is but I'd imagine a bit of
an appropriate colour 99p sampler pot mixed with white masonry paint
should get you close enough for jazz :-)

John S