gfulton

"Carlos Valor" wrote in message
om...
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. The project is for a
supercharger pulley puller/installer that I am constructing. The
5/8"-18 bolt acts as the forcing screw and the hole is to put a press
fit locating pin (which, in turn, mates with the supercharger shaft).
Trying to stay on the cheap and use basic materials/techniques as
opposed to purchasing a 150+ dollar puller. Thanks again.

Good luck to you on this. I recently made a camshaft sprocket puller for a
GM DOHC V6 out of an old floor jack cast iron wheel and some latheing and
brazing. The serv. mgr. at the local dealer was good enough to let me take
some pictures of the outrageously expensive GM special tools. And I thought
DaveK's method of centering your hole was just clever as hell. Learn
something new here every day.

Garrett Fulton