PrecisionMachinisT

"sittingduck" wrote in message
. 1.4...
I am using some 3 wing carbide tipped slot cutters in my cnc for tapering
wood. They are almost 2" in diameter and 1/8" thick, made by ELENCO.
The new air spindle I have will go about 50,000 rpm at it's lowest
recommended PSI, I imagine the cutter will go a little slower, expecially
when it's cutting, but I would hate to see a chunk of carbide fly off of

that
thing going that fast. I used to run 30,000 rpms without any problems, but

may have just been lucky so far. Any advice appreciated.

Hiya, Duck.

Can you use a smaller dia tool ???

A heavy or larger diameter tool will likely play havoc on the spindle
bearings given even the slightest imbalance anyways, and the further out
from centerline the imbalance is, the worser it will be on the bearings.

--

SVL