Artemia Salina

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:05:30 +0000, John Normile wrote:

None of the original bearing material is left. Any idea what the
preferred bearing material would be for this application? I am
assuming that a bearing bronze would be the choice for this
application. This is a low speed, high pressure application

I know that it is claimed that cast iron is supposed to
work well as a bearing for hardened steel.

As to Babbitt metal, I was unable to locate the PDF scan
of an old book called "The Magnolia Metal Bearing Book",
as all of the links to it seem to be dead. I had a copy
of it once and it's since been lost, but I do remember
that there are at least two kinds of Babbitt Metal, for
different kinds of applications. If I remember correctly
you would want the type of Babbitt metal that has no lead
in it. I think it is an alloy that is mostly tin, antimony,
and copper.

Oh, wait! I just found a working link:

http://files.owwm.com/PDF/FAQ/Magnolia.pdf