Robert Swinney

Jim sez:

"To be fair I think you need to figure in some kind of flow rate as well in
this, ie 50 psi air at 10 cfm, vs 50 psi steam at such and such a boiler
water feed rate."

Each component is considered to enter the engine through the normal design
passages and at a volume of flow consistent with what the engine can take.
The boiler and the air compressor are adequate to "keep up" with the demand
of the engine. We want to know how the output of the engine compares with
the same amount of input pressure from steam as from air.

Bob Swinney

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Robert Swinney says...

What I'd like to see is a comparison of the HP output of a steam engine
running on a given amount of input (boiler) pressure compared to the HP
output of the same engine running on the same amount of input compressed

air
pressure.

Jim

please reply to: