Art

Just thought I would say that I needed some nice white cabinets for a
laundry room to replace ugly shelves. Started with Lowes and Home Depot.
One had assemble yourself cabinets and the other reasonable preassembled
cabinets. I then went to a smaller cabinet store that has been around
forever and often used by builders. Installed they were much cheaper and
easier to work with. I went with them and it was a perfect job. Cabinets
weigh a ton by the way.

"Spiderman" wrote in message
Has anyone here installed an IKEA kitchen themselves? Were the

instructions
easy-to-follow? For example, how easy is it to mount the wall cabinets in

an
older house with uneven walls? The kitchen I'm looking to remodel is in a
small 10'x10' room (approximately 7'x7' for the actual kitchen area), so

it
would basically consist of about 5-10 wall/base cabinets, a range, and

sink
arranged in an L shape. The sink/range will be about a foot away from

their
current positions, so the service lines may need to be extended. Does the
particleboard construction hold up over time (at least they make it easy

replace doors/shelves, etc.)?

I've heard horror stories about people ordering kitchens from IKA and
receiving broken/missing parts or late delivery or some parts. Is the
customer service really that bad or is just a loud, vocal minority? I live
in the Philadelphia area is it makes a difference.

How would you rate the IKEA kitchen remodel experience to an equivalent

Depot/Lowes "ready to assemble" path?