sPh

I think you'd do best to get a welder to put
together something from sheet steel that looks
like a panelled or a louvered set, with a dead
bolt bar on the back of each, and paint it all
up real nice. Hmmm -- I'm an engineer . . .
I'll bet after this hurricane season there'll
be a ripe market for such stuff down there in
the Sunshine State.

Houses in Florida owned by natives 60 years of age and older almost
always have exactly the the type of shutter you describe. They tend to
have walls made of poured concrete as well. Wonder if anything happened
in the 30s and 50s to make them think they need those? Hmmmmm.....

sPh