Jana

Greg G. wrote in message . ..
AL said:

I'm hardly an expert, but I would say a mistake would be to not make sure
the paying customer understands that humidity related shrinkage gaps are to
be expected. Maybe a mockup showing what it will look like in the winter is
in order.

Or take the opportunity to sell them a furnace humidifier as well.
It has worked wonders for our house and furniture, and an added
benefit is that you are less susceptible to colds.
FWIW,

Greg G.

The key to avoiding seasonal shrinkage is, as said above, moisture
content. Buy it from a supplier where you know it hasn't been sitting
around picking up moisture in warehouses or conatainers. If it's dried
right, there should be no problems. If the supplier says this is
normal...go somewhere else.