Capitol

Default Kitchen Cabinet Quality Differences

Michael McNeil wrote in message
lgate.org...
All carcases are made up of 5/8th chipboard. And the quality of that is
pretty standard as it's all made in the same place.

Not quite. There can be a very significant difference in the grades of
chipboard used. You really notice the difference in heavily loaded shelves
in cabinets or cupboards. I've had to replace shelves in MFI cabinets of UK
manufacture with wood to keep them from collapsing ( they suffer from
increased droop with ageing!), but the old original MFI units which came
from East Germany are almost indestructible. I haven't any recent experience
of these products, but I have noticed that the design has changed to add
central supports as a stiffening aid from a number of manufacturers. Is
there a "Which" report to give a guide?

Regards
Capitol