Ken Smith

Default Looking for alternative to 'bubble' solar pool cover ....

Hi...

I am looking for an alternative to the cheapo bubble-type
solar pool covers. I have solar heating and do not necessarily
need the cover to heat the pool - more what I need is a cover
to insulate the surface a bit and stop/ greatly reduce the evaporation. As I
finish up the season - I am about to throw
out my second 12 mil cover in 4 years. I have noticed at the
local highschool swimming pool that they have a much more
durable cover that resembles a blue tarp. This cover looks like
its built to be pulled on/off frequently. I would love to get a cover
of this design - but cannot seem to find anyone with access to
such a cover.

Does anyone have any alternative ideas for cover that will block
heat loss and evaporation and yet still be durable?

Thanks!

Ken