pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:42:54 -0700, "Hagrinas Mivali"
wrote:

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

Sir TURTLE wrote:

Here is one for you. 5%RH or there about and 90ºF = pretty cool.
What do you think...

I'd say hot. So would ASHRAE, (Y = 1.79, with 67% of people

dissatisfied,
vs Y = 0, with 6% dissatisfied), based on 21,000 people around the

world,
who'd prefer adding some moisture to reduce the air temp, which might

come
from a swimming pool :-)

Imagine yourself in a 90 F office, in a dry shirt...

Still you living out of a book and do not understand the part %RH plays
in the comfort levels.

I understand thoroughly, my good man. In this case, I'm afraid you are
the one lacking average empirical understanding, and an understanding
of the way surveys work.

I would have 90ºF and a 10%RH in my home before I would have 60ºF
with a 100%RH.

OK. Everyone's tastes are different. There's nothing wrong with your
misunderstanding average human behavior. It's a matter of surveys and
preferences, vs absolute science. But you must admit facts. It's hard
to deny the average tastes of 21,000 people around the world :-)

Nick

Do those 21,000 people from around the world reflect your tastes?

In a properly done study, they most likely would.

No way, no how.

NO survey of 'people from around the world' is going to
reflect AMERICAN standards and preferences, any more than an identical
durvey of Americans will reflect the standards and preferences
prevalent in other countries.

One would have to look
into other factors such as whether there were significant differences based
on nation or region or prevalence of air conditioning in those regions
compared to where you live. If the study was done properly, then it's
reasonable to assume that it will reflect the tastes of a typical person.

But I'm not the OP and I didn't read the study.

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online
http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/