Michael Brewer

Default Powering two cookers off single radial electrical circuit

Can you not have a separate switch for each; one on one side of the kitchen
near the mwave/oven, the other on the other side near the oven, both from
the same radial circuit? Forgive my complete ignorance if this is the most
idiotic suggestion ever made on this newsgroup !

Coming back to a related aspect of my original post, is it at all possible
to power the single oven (3.6kW; 15A) off the ring circuit? I'm guessing
the "diversity" calculation I've read about only applies to estimating the
likely max load for a number of separate ring loads, but for the oven "max
15A" really does mean that it's going to draw 15A when you have it on the
most power-intensive mode?

Thanks.

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Michael Brewer" wrote in message
I did find that useful, but first it says "As a general rule an

electric
cooker will require its own radial circuit. This means it requires a

direct
connection to the consumer unit with its own fuse way there". Then it

says
"A 30amp fuseway can support an appliance of up to 7.2kw providing

that
the
control unit does not also have a socket outlet". What I need to know

is
whether I can treat my two cookers as a single appliance and feed them

both
off the existing radial circuit; the total load is 7.2kW, which

places
it
within this stated limit. I'm a complete novice, but I can't see the
difference between powering a double oven (which is just two ovens in

single unit) and powering two separate ovens from a single radial

circuit,
providing the max loads are equivalent. If it is possible, how would

the
two ovens be wired to the radial circuit? Just like any other

multi-point
radial? Does it make a difference that the two ovens are separated by
approx 2.5m?

Many thanks for your help!!
Michael Brewer

The distance between the two appliances make a big difference to using

the
one radial circuit. The two appliances would need to be together to be

able
to use the one cooker connection/control point.

The switch must be within 2m of the appliance(s). You could have a switch
controlling two cookers that are 2m at either side of the switch, ie 4m
between the cookers but only 2m between cookers and switch.

--
Adam