Al Bundy

(T) wrote in message . com...
Heed Bundy's advice; do not spray *anything* in there
willy-nilly. Whatever you use will create a toxic cloud that
is difficult to deal with. Severe lung disease can result from
working in that atmosphere.

Really? But the lysol spray says "Kills Mold, Mildew" on it. So
its not that safe?

Then take a look at why the moisture is getting in;
that will be a major project in itself.

Im not sure how the mositure is getting in...I've always thought
its a basement, its usually more humid than the rest of the house?
I guess it has to do with it being underground?

Lysol in the spray is meant for small limited projects and bleach
doesn't usually come in a spray for a reason. When you aresol that
stuff you better protect not only your lung, but also your eyes and
skin. I can smell chlorine forever until I physically get rid of it.
You may react this way also. I would not leave something sitting
there overnight as the fumes will go all through the home. I would
clean it, scrub it, rinse it, and dry it as fast as possible. When dry
I would stain kill it to cover any residual chemicals.
Keep researching as suggested until finding something you are
comfortable with.