Hagrinas Mivali

"O.B." wrote in message
We have a 4-lamp magnetic ballast that is on the blink. The ballast is a

Mark
III Energy Saver made by Advance Transformer, catalog number

R-4S40-A-TP-AC.

This ballast is a magnetic ballast and costs $60 to replace. I can be a

4-lamp
electronic ballast from Lowe's for $30.

Is it possible to swap the bad magnetic ballast with an electronic

ballast? If
so, are there any modifications that I need to make to the 4' fixture?

What's relevant are the ratings. If they both expect the same power input,
then it's no problem. If they are both designed to support the same number
and same sized lamps of the same wattage, then you should be able to assume
that any wiring in there should be compatible.